In the 1970s, the value of companies was strongly related to tangible assets (e.g. production plants, machinery, factories, etc.) which represented more than 80% of corporate value, while intangible assets only accounted for the remaining 20%.
Today that ratio has been reversed. A company’s intangible assets, such as trademarks, patents, copyright, employee know-how and relationships with partners, customers and suppliers represent more than 80% of a company’s market value.
Just as in the 1970s it would have been unwise for a company not to adequately protect its tangible assets, today it is equally unwise not to adequately protect a company’s main assets: its Intellectual Property.
For more information on how to protect your company’s intangible assets, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org