Online, 16 November 2022
In the 5G and IoT era, different industries converge and interoperability between devices and infrastructures is key. Standardization is fundamental to allow interoperability, but often results in a complex licensing landscape.
To resolve this complexity and avoid friction, aggregation is emphasized as a solution by all stakeholders, including policy makers. In particular, patent pooling, offering a one-stop shop to implementers for patents essential to the same standard but owned by different parties, is widely recognized as the go to form of aggregation and has been promoted by several tests of antitrust authorities.
After a brief overview on patent pools, the webinar will focus on:
- The importance of patent pools to simplify the complex licensing scenario
- The economic advantages of pooling
- How to determine FRAND terms in a patent pool
- Connections between Standard Setting Organizations (SSOs) and patent pools
- Litigations and damages related to counterfeiting
Confirmed speakers are:
- Roberto Dini, Metroconsult
- Georg Nolte, Panasonic
- Koen Wuyts, KPN
- Carter Eltzroth, DVB Project
- Andrea Vestita, Syntagma
This event is free to participants.